An informative and entertaining speaker whom the New York Times called “a frank and funny woman.”
- BA Wesleyan U., CT
- MD U. of Pittsburgh, PA
- Temple U., PA
- GERIATRICS FELLOWSHIP UCLA, CA
- RESIDENCY (Internal Medicine)
“Dr. Woodson has been an academic geriatrician, a primary care doctor, an employed physician, an entrepreneur in her own medical practice, public health care policy advocate and a private family caregiver. These experiences enable her to bridge theory and practice for a wide variety of audiences.”
Joanne G. Schwartzberg, MD – Director, Aging and Community Health – American Medical Association
BOARD CERTIFIED-INTERNAL MEDICINE
SUBSPECIALTY CERTIFICATION- GERIATRIC MEDICINE
FELLOW OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS
AMERICAN GERIATRICS SOCIETY- FELLOW
• Former Geriatrics faculty member at The University of Chicago and Northwestern University Medical Schools
• Developed and directed the Geriatrics Consultation Center, (GCC), an assessment program for frail older adults, based in a community health system.
• Founded and directed the Woodson Center for Adult HealthCare, SC, incorporating the GCC concept with primary care Internal Medicine and wellness strategies to help adults of all ages AGE EXCELLENTLY! tm.
• The Center served a predominantly Medicare patient base (>80%), but operated successfully for 10 years with excellent stewardship of hospital and other health care resources.
• Appointed as a Congressional delegate to the White House Conference on Aging
• Navigated her mother’s 10-year journey through Alzheimer’s disease.