This presentation is adaptable for professionals, community, family and patient audiences to facilitate discussion around a painful and often, frightening set of decisions by:
- Clarifying the professionals’ own values and goals
- Discovering the patient/family values about treatment goals Cure or Care
- Defining the endpoints that might change these goals . Treatment at what cost?
- Moving from cure to care – palliative care and hospice
- Handling family conflict , grief, anger, denial
- What do you say when the doctor says there is no hope?