Patients and caregivers with cognitive impairment pose a particular challenge for physicians and staff in the hectic primary care schedule. Dr. Woodson recommends strategies to serve this population without frustrating staff and bogging down schedules.
Dr. Woodson will discuss:
- Behavioral triggers for targeted assessment and efficient scheduling
- The impact of impaired patients on the practice- scheduling, waiting room, office encounters, follow up and compliance.
- Simple assessment tools
- Engaging family caregivers
- Developing networks of partners ( sub-specialty physicians, community care coordination services)
- Funding strategies ( coding, billing)