This presentation is adaptable for professionals and community organizations in a position to achieve positive intervention in this sad and often deadly condition.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Use the current statistics to discuss the prevalence of the different types of elder abuse and neglect.
- List the risk factors that can predict the development of elder abuse and neglect within a family system, delineating characteristics of the senior and of the potential abuser.
- Provide a permissive environment where it is easier to discover elder abuse and neglect
- Describe the factors in the history and physical examination that should raise concern.
- Develop reporting strategies with community partners according to state law.
- Prepare the proper documentation so thoroughly that appearing in court is unnecessary